Sunday, November 21, 2010

Leaving on a Jet plane




Big changes going on here in Carolina. I turned in my badge and duty gear this week, and am departing this morning on a new job.

Turning in the badge was a really weird and uncomfortable feeling, but I think I've made the right decision. I'm starting a new job with a private company to do Forensics again.

Forensics has always been my love, and it will be good to get back into it again.

Lest you think I'll of me, I'm not leaving LE to go work for the defense attorneys. I'm actually going to work for a defense contractor, and will in a lab, on a base, somewhere in-country.

I leave today for training at a Naval base here in the States for about a month, then get to come home for Christmas. After that, I should be making the big hop across the pond for New Years.

I'll have to look into whether or not I'm allowed to make posts and such while over there, however, I should be able to squeak out one or two while I'm stateside.

Really looking forward to this new opportunity.

Take care all,


Casey


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Crucis said...

Hope all goes well for you, Casey. Besides, there'll always be stuff to blog about that isn't work related.

Beat And Release said...

Drop me a note if they have any other gigs. I did sixteen years running a Forensic team that did everything from homicide to vandalism. 3 years to go to retirement. Good luck, my friend.