Thursday, September 2, 2010

On the road again...



Posting from the road is interesting, and fun. Mostly because I am posting from the actual road, and not from a hotel or other waystop along the way.

I somehow got suckered into assisting another agent to transport a subject from the local county jail, down to an In-patient treatment facility in the state Capitol. Even though we called half an hour ahead o time to make sure the jail had the subject ready to transport, we still had to wait for over an hour for them to get their ducks in a row.

Normally, that's not so bad, however, today our delay meant that we also got tapped for a last minute extradition. So, after we get this guy settled in at the Capitol, we will grab a quick bite, then head to another part of the state, to another county jail, and hope the next prisoner is more ready to go than the last one.

Don't you just hate it when you cannot effectively plan anything out, because all of your actions end up being governed by those who do not feel your sense of urgency to get their jobs accomplished?

Oh well, at least I have my phone to entertain me :). I'll probably be doing the driving on the second and third legs of the trip, but for now, I can relax and play :p


Take care all,


Casey


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: