Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Back in the World


Back in the world after a 13 month deployment. Looks like I picked a good time to get out of Afghanistan. Things seems to be going downhill, and picking up steam.

Anyway, I'm back safe and sound. I won't rule out returning at some point, because I believe in the mission I was performing, however, it won't be any time soon. Need to reconnect with family and friends, and remember what it's like to be human again.

Plus, I've got a Honey-Do list that I can't even see the end of :) There's a huge amount of work to be done in and around the house. Plus, we have relatives coming to visit in a couple of weeks, so I'll need to get things done before they arrive.

I hope to get some posts out, but it may be a bit sparse here in the beginning, as I'm getting my feet back underneath me, and playing catch up here at home.

I hope everyone has had an uneventful year while I've been gone, and I look forward to catching up on reading all of my old favorite blogs!

Take care all!

Casey


5 comments:

Borepatch said...

Welcome back!

Don't know if you're anywhere near Myrtle Beach, but I'll be there this weekend. I'd be delighted to buy you a beer.

Mostly Cajun said...

Glad to see you're back!

Casey said...

Love to meet you Borepatch, but sorry to say I'm about as far away from Myrtle as you can be, and still be in South Carolina. I'm in the mountains(pseudo) in the Upstate.

Thanks for the welcome, it's good to be home :)

Captain Tightpants said...

Glad to see you back safe & sound. Enjoy some downtime and a few adult drinks sir.

NotClauswitz said...

Welcome back! Welcome Home I hope too!!