Friday, August 15, 2008

What ever happened to....


...the Cranberries?

I was digging around for a CD to throw in the player in the car when I noticed the plain CD with the couch on it. I tossed it in the player, and was overcome with a bit of nostalgia as I listened to Dolores O'Riordan croon out some tunes I haven't listened to since before I was married.

They had some really good stuff on that album, and I've enjoyed listening to it as I drive back and forth to work the last few days. Even my oldest daughter has tried to start singing along with Dolores on the way to and from daycare. My youngest of course, just sleeps through it all.

I remember really enjoying the CD back when it was originally purchased. I was in college at the time, so it may have been the over-dramatization associated with youth, but I remember really identifying with the tunes and the poignant lyrics. She had such a lovely voice, and I always loved when she went into a wail, it just sent shivers down my spine.

Anyway, hope she's doing well these days, and her career is still going strong. If you haven't listened to the Cranberries' debut album recently, you might want to pull it out, dust it off, and do a little reminiscing yourself.

Casey

No comments: